We are ‘Shakdwipi Brahmins‘. We are ‘Suryansh’. We are ‘Divya’.
The ‘Shakdwipi Brahmins’ are said to be descended on earth directly from the Sun as its ‘Ansh’ or the very part of it, and thus they are known as ‘Suryansh’. Since descendant was a unique phenomenon, they were called ‘Divya Brahmin’. They are also called ‘Bhojak Brahmins’ and ‘Maga Brahmins’.
The term ‘Shakdwipi’ relates to the people who reside or whose origin is traced to ‘Shakdwip’. The term ‘Shakdwip’ can be broken into ‘Shak’ + ‘Dwip’ meaning the ‘Shak’ island.
The Shakdwipi, which is also pronounced as Shakdwipiya, Shakdweepi, Sakaldwipi, Shakdvipi are Brahmins by caste, known for worshipping the Sun god. By profession, they practiced, from ancient times as Priests, Ayurvedic healers, Sanskrit scholars, Astronomers, Fortune tellers, and Religious teachers.
Shakdwipi brahmins are mainly concentrated in the state of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat and Rajasthan in India. Though nowadays, they are found all over India and even in many parts of the world.
- To instill a sense of Pride of our origin, superiority, and uniqueness.
- To work towards the preservation of our heritage and cultural values and beliefs.
- To promote brotherhood in the community.
- To work for safeguarding the welfare and security of our people.
- To Promote Surya Puja, construction of Surya temples and Community Halls.
- To promote the establishment of Shakdwipi organizations, forums, groups, associations etc. to spread and execute community missions.
- To provide a platform on social media for online interactions and enthuse people to join the group.
- To provide matrimonial services.
- To spread messages, information to our community for their benefits and subjects of interest.
- To promote Intra-Brahmin relationships.
Our Beliefs and Values
WE BELIEVE IN SUN GOD AND THE PURPOSE OF OUR CREATION
WE BELIEVE THAT SUN GOD CREATED US WITH A PURPOSE TO PERFORM OUR DUTIES TOWARDS OBSERVANCE OF THE RITUALS OF ‘DHARMA’ AND FOLLOW THE PATH OF ‘KARMA’ FOR THE BENEFIT OF SOCIETY AND THE MANKIND.
We shall overcome the challenges, that may eventually come in pursuit of our goals. We will strive to become a better person and build this Country the BEST place to live.
We believe in the principle of equality and justice. We promote women’s empowerment. We aspire to work towards the alleviation of poverty in our community.
Integration and assimilation of Shakdwipiya Brahmins with various segments of society to ensure its all-round development is our prime objective. We believe that WE WILL DO IT.
ॐ ।। श्री सूर्य अष्टकम ।। ॐ
आदिदेव नमस्तुभ्यं प्रसीद मभास्कर, दिवाकर नमस्तुभ्यं प्रभाकर नमोस्तुते ।।
सप्ताश्व रध मारूढं प्रचण्डं कश्यपात्मजं, श्वेत पद्मधरं देवं तं सूर्यं प्रणमाम्यहं ।।
लोहितं रधमारूढं सर्व लोक पितामहं, महापाप हरं देवं तं सूर्यं प्रणमाम्यहं ।।
त्रैगुण्यं च महाशूरं ब्रह्म विष्णु महेश्वरं, महा पाप हरं देवं तं सूर्यं प्रणमाम्यहं ।।
बृंहितं तेजसां पुञ्जं वायु माकाश मेवच, प्रभुञ्च सर्व लोकानां तं सूर्यं प्रणमाम्यहं ।।
बन्धूक पुष्प सङ्काशं हार कुण्डल भूषितं, एक चक्रधरं देवं तं सूर्यं प्रणमाम्यहं ।।
विश्वेशं विश्व कर्तारं महा तेजः प्रदीपनं, महा पाप हरं देवं तं सूर्यं प्रणमाम्यहं ।।
तं सूर्यं जगतां नाधं ज्नान विज्नान मोक्षदं, महा पाप हरं देवं तं सूर्यं प्रणमाम्यहं ।।
सूर्याष्टकं पठेन्नित्यं ग्रहपीडा प्रणाशनं, अपुत्रो लभते पुत्रं दरिद्रो धनवान् भवेत् ।।
आमिषं मधुपानं च यः करोति रवेर्धिने, सप्त जन्म भवेद्रोगी जन्म कर्म दरिद्रता ।।
स्त्री तैल मधु मांसानि हस्त्यजेत्तु रवेर्धिने, न व्याधि शोक दारिद्र्यं सूर्य लोकं स गच्छति ।।
इति श्री सूर्याष्टकं सम्पूर्णं ….